This reader works with Indigo, Homeseer or Crestron Systems ONLY and Software available from iAutomate.com or Homeseer. Standard L-RX202 Serial Port readers can be purchased here.
Powered by Wavetrend, Customized for iAutomate.com and home automation applications, the HA Edition L-RX202-HA Long Range RFID Reader is used in conjunction with Indigo Software, HomeSeer Software or Crestron Systems Only (Sold Separately) and is specifically designed for detection (or absence) of people, vehicles, and personal assets. The L-RX202-HA RFID Reader provides near field or long range coverage for real-time detection of people, pets, vehicles or anything else you can identify with one of the various L Series RFID tags.
The L-RX202-HA Reader communicates with:
- A PC via a standard COM Port Running Indigo or HomeSeer Software
- Serial Port of a Crestron System
Additional readers can be daisy chained to permit many readers on one RS-485 wire system. Each reader is range settable via software to adjust for the requirements of the room or application. Range adjustable antennas can be discretely hidden in walls, ceilings, and doorways to identify and track tag activity. The L-RX202-HA can simultaneously read multiple RFID tags at ranges of up to 450 feet, and can also register and report the disappearance or unauthorized movement of individual RFID tags. This model is for use ONLY with Indigo v5.x or later, Crestron systems or HomeSeer v1.7 or later. A FREE HomeSeer plug-in is available for download within Homeseer and FREE Crestron software modules are included with the Installer Setup Kit.
With Software, sold separately
- Control the lights, HVAC, garage door or security system when your car approaches or leaves your home.
- Detect if vehicle is in the garage.
- Detect a person entering or leaving a room or area.
- Arm or Disarm Security by individual tag.
- Automatically open a "pet" door when your pet approaches the door.
- Control, Lights, Music, and Temperature based upon the presence or absence of a tag - watch your friends be amazed at the total comfort you have in your home when your environment follows you from room to room!
- Track the location of domestic help or children by logging in to your HomeSeer system from anywhere in the world.
- Get notified by email or phone* when a child gets home from school.
- Use an alarm tag with loved ones needing assistance and provide them with both the means of alerting you when they are in trouble and for you to monitor them for normal, uninhibited activity.
- Inhibit Video, Audio or other controls if a tag is not present.
- Track physical assets and perform notification if one is "removed" from an area.
- Get notified if pets wander outside of a given range.
- Sound an alert when kids wander outside of a given range or wander near hazards such as swimming pools and streets.
- Get reminders to take out the trash if the garbage can is still detected at the house on garbage night.
- And Much Much More
Minimum System Requirements for Use With HomesSeer:
- PC with Intel Pentium III or Higher (or equal ).
- 256 MB RAM
- HomeSeer v1.7.30 or Higher
- Windows 2000, Windows NT, or Windows XP
- On Board COM Port or Compatible USB 1.1 to Serial Converter
- USB 2.0 to Serial Adaptor Recommended
* Additional software or hardware may be required.
Directional Antennas are also available.
Downloads Available for this item:
Download the RX202-HA Long Range RFID Reader Manual for Homeseer (Windows)
Download the RX202-HA Long Range RFID Manual for Indigo (Mac OS X)
Simple Wiring Block Diagram:
View a Simple Block Diagram