| ELK-M1 Gold Cross Platform Control
Integrates – Security – Automation – Lighting – Telephone
Experience the Most Advanced Cross Platform Control
The Elk M1 Gold Controller family offers unequaled value to Systems Integrators, Installers and End Users alike. Unlike panels that may be strong in automation but weak in security (or vice versa), the M1 Gold boasts a rock solid security foundation with the most imaginative and powerful automation functionality available.
Integrators and Installers will value the flash memory firmware, RS-232 serial port, ethernet connectivity option, fast PC programming and ease of installation resulting in reduced work time. M1 offers the flexibility to integrate industry standard systems and components for easy upgrades and system expansion.
End users will welcome the quality and futuristic capabilities of the versatile keypad and the built-in telephone remote. The 500+ word vocabulary pleasantly announces system status, configurable in any sequence to alleviate user intimidation.
M1...Experience the Industry's Most Advanced Cross Platform Control
|Features & Benefits
| • Large zone capacity: 16 on-board zones expandable to 208
• Wireless capability: Up to 48 zones
• Two-way Listen-in interface
• Flash Memory - Allows field updates to firmware electronically
• RS-232 Serial Port to interface to computers and peripheral devices
• Time/Date stamped 512 event history log
• Menu driven, full text keypad programming - no manual required!
• Voice Announcement of alarms, zone descriptions, status, etc.
- 500+ Word/phrase Vocabulary
- Link up to 6 words/phrases per announcement
- 10 custom recordable word/phrases
• 13 On-board Outputs: 1 voice/siren, 1 siren driver, 1 form "C" relay and 10 low current (50mA) outputs
• Supports 4-wire (any zone) and 2-wire (zone 16) smoke detectors
• Includes fire alarm verification routine
• Can be partitioned into 8 separate areas and account numbers
• User Codes: 99 (4 or 6 digit) with assignable authority levels
• Arm levels: Away, Stay, Stay Instant, Nite, Nite Instant, Vacation
• Plug-in terminal blocks make service and pre-wires a snap!
• Hardware "watchdog" and nonvolatile EEPROM memory
• Supervised phone line, alarm output and aux. overcurrent
| • True V.22 bis Modem for fast, reliable upload/download
• Optional Ethernet port for reporting operation / control or programming
• Built-in telephone remote control makes any phone a keypad
• Integrated Voice Dialer uses vocabulary or custom word/phrases
• Digital Communicator formats: SIA, Contact ID, 4+2 and Pager
• Installer Telephone (butt set) test feature
• Elk-RP PC software includes "conflict resolution" to easily highlight differences between control and PC
- Dial-up, ethernet or local from RS-232 port or house phone jack
- Automatic answering machine bypass
| • Backlit, Large Character LCD Display: 16 x 2 lines
• Built-in Temperature Sensor
• Optional Plug-in Prox Access reader (26 bit Weigand format)
• Menu navigation keys and 6 programmable function keys
• Plug-in connector: Only 4 wires to the control
• 1 Zone Input and 1 Output Programmable per Keypad
• Programmable display of time, date and temperature
• Displays system diagnostics and settings
• System supports up to 16 keypads
|Automation & Integration|
| • Create lifestyle enhancing comfort, convenience and security
• Powerful "Whenever/And/Then" RULES Programming allows almost any imaginable operation.
- No need to chain rules together.
- Any single "Whenever" event can can have one or more ANDs and THENs (conditions and commands).
• Rules utilize easy to understand text based references
• Control lighting using RS-232 serial or 2-way Power Line Control (PLC) ports
- On, Off, Dim All On, All Off commands
• Sunset/Sunrise calculation and activation
• Transmit and receive custom serial ASCII messages
• Read temperature sensors and communicate with thermostats
• Turn on Tasks, Lights, Outputs via Keypad or Telephone Remote
| • Heavy Duty - 2.5 Amp power supply w/ 1.5 Amp continuous
• Dynamic battery test
• Master power switch and low battery disconnect
• PTC (fuseless) resettable overload protection
• Multiple auxiliary power terminals
|Also Available: ELK-M1EZ8|
|Highlighted Features of the M1G (Gold)||ELK-M1G (Gold)|
|Automation rules capacity||528|
|Serial (RS232) port supported||8 with expanders|
|Phone number capacity||8|
|Number of HVAC thermostats supported||16|
|Total number of outputs supported||205|
|Advanced lighting options (pre-set dim, extended, levels, scenes)||yes|
|Analog zone definitions supported||yes|